I often get asked, "How can I, and my business, get involved with the Chamber?" Here's how.
Even if you have only a little bit of free time there are many opportunities to engage, making it easy to find the options that work best for your schedule and goals.
• Keep up with the Chamber on Facebook or Follow on Twitter.
• Hang your Chamber membership decal in your storefront window, office lobby or where it works best for you.
• Scan through eHEADLINES and other Chamber emails
• Purchase ad space in the next issue of News & Views or a tile ad on the Chamber website.
• Attend one of the Chamber’s coffee & conversations.
• Share what your company is doing in the member news section of the Chamber website.
• Add the Chamber’s logo and URL to your email signature block.
• Attend a networking event.
• Sponsor the Chamber’s September 19, 2016 golf outing and get your logo or name, with link, showcased on the event webpage.
• Join a Chamber committee.
• Write a business-friendly article for the next issue of News & Views.
• Fully populate your companies listing in the Chamber’s online business directory.
• Ask a Chamber staffer or board member for referrals and community information.
• Nominate your company for one of the Chamber’s annual business awards.
• Let others know about your upcoming events that are free and open to the public by posting to the Chamber’s community calendar.
• Veteran-owned businesses, join the Chamber’s Honor Roll.
• Post your employment opportunities in the Chamber’s job bank.
• Subscribe to the Chamber’s blog.
Need or want more information about any of these ways to connect? Call me at 703-866-3500 or email me your questions.
Nancy-jo Manney has served as executive director of the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce since 1998. She welcomes your questions about the Chamber and the Greater Springfield community.